Monday, March 01, 2010
My Favourite Vancouver Olympic Images
Now that the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics are over, many will go home with fond memories from a historic event that I'm sure they will never forget including myself, so with that I am posting a number of my favourite images that I made while visiting Vancouver from February 19 to the 22nd, I took in the festivities on the street but also was able to take in one sporting event, the mood on the street was electrifying , it was the best party in town and with Canada's hockey team winning gold against the USA it was a story booking ending for Canadians. For most of these images I traveled light carrying a Nikon D90 with two lenses a 24mm and a 50mm lens, I also used a 28-70mm zoom.
The pictures from top to bottom (with links):
1. Fans cheer during a hockey game between Norway and Switzerland.
2. Two boys look out towards Vancouver while aboard the sea bus.
3. The Russian tall ship, Krusenshtern at port in North Vancouver.
4. People wait in line to enter the Canada's Northern House.
5. Swiss and Norwegian hockey players during pre-game warm up at Canada's Hockey House
6. People lined up against a security fence to take pictures of the Olympic cauldron.
7. A military helicopter flies past the Olympic cauldron.
8. Laser light show and fire works show at Robson Square.
9. Dancing to the big band music of Dal Richards at the Livecity venue, Yaletown.
10. People walk through steam coming through a vent along Canada Place.