Monday, December 03, 2007

South Beach Inspiration

I have been to this part of Pacific Rim National Park, that is South Beach on several occasions, and I have always been struck by the sheer majesty and beauty of the area, one of my favourite painters, Arthur Lismer who was a member of the Group of Seven painters from Canada in the 1930's painted in this area. This image was taken on a very stormy fall day with my 4 x 5 view camera and a 120mm lens, one minute it was sunny the next it was rainy which made for some very dramatic clouds and lighting, although it was a challenge to photograph with my view camera, I felt the rewards were well worth the effort. I only had time to make one image before the tide came roaring back in and the clouds changed their position.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can understand why this is one of your favourite places; it would be mine, too! Superb pix, gary!

PS: Ignore my sending you invites to Vazaar; through another blogger's flickr files, got to see your collection there -- you have a superb range of images. I wouldn't bother with Vazaar after seeing them there. Cheers! :~)))