Saturday, May 20, 2006

"The world is not my own....

....I'm just a passing through" , those words were penned by musician Tom Waits from his song, "Come On Up to the House". As the song played I reflected and thought of my own journey through this world and how I have used my camera to try and capture a few of the fascinating and beautiful things that I have come across, whether its some beautiful landscape scene, people I have met or interesting things that people have made. I like to think of my pictures as sort of a photographic diary capturing moments of time. I also would like to think that one day my images will be of interest to others from some of the interesting stops that I have made during my journey through this world.

The above picture was taken around the White Lake area near Penticton , B.C, in 1992, I liked the look of the barren hills and rolling ranchland. This image was made with a Tachihara 4 x 5 view camera and a 300mm Schneider lens.

No comments: