Monday, March 02, 2009

North Island

I have a self imposed long term film scanning project in that I am sorting through some of my older favourite negatives to be archived electronically, here is an image I made in Cape Scott Provincial Park, San Josef Bay, Vancouver Island in June of 1995, image was made with a 4 x 5 Tachihara view camera and a 120mm lens. There is a interesting story behind this picture, as I was turning away to grab a film holder,after carefully composing the picture one of the tripod legs slowly sunk into the wet sand ( it was low tide ) and the camera fell over striking a rock, part of the wooden camera split apart at one of the joints on the rotating back, later I was able to fasten the pieces together with some wood glue I had in my camping supplies.

1 comment:

Lars Andreas Dybvik said...

Hi! Just found your blogg, and browsing it. I like this picture.