Sunday, January 06, 2008

Galiano Driftwood ( On A Rainy Day )

I made this image of drift wood floating at high tide in Montague Harbour Provincial Park on Galiano Island in October of this past year on a very wet and rainy fall day. On my way over the Island while travelling on the ferry I watched a steady rain fall while sitting in passenger area which was beading up on the outside windows of the ferry I was beginning to wonder what I was going to be able to photograph with my 4 x 5 view camera which I don't like using in a heavy rain fall all that much, but I did not want to go away empty handed as I only had a couple days on the beautiful little island and did not know what the latter days would bring ( forecast was for more rain ) I had brought along a heavy duty black garbage bag and used that in place of my dark cloth thus keeping my head dry and my camera my camera dry at the same time, which allowed me make what I thought were some pleasing images.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If you get a chance please check out the question on my blog today (1/10/08. I would be very intrested in your view..

Peace ~ John

Anonymous said...

Looks like a very peaceful place. The driftwood on the left reminds me of a fish, for some reason, probably the bending one sees when a fish fights being caught on a fishing line. Beautiful image!