Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Accidental Art

Every once in a while while out making photographs I have made a few technical mistakes, they happen to the best of us ! One of the most common mistakes to make while shooting with the view camera is a double exposure, this usually happens when I forget to turn the dark slide of the film holder over to the "black" side to indicate that I have exposed the film, normally these double exposures get chucked in the garbage with a thought of " I don't want anyone to see that one " but sometimes these double exposure can look kind of cool, a serendipity of photography so to speak, a happy coincidence. The image posted is one example which I thought looked interesting, shot with my Tachihara 8 x 10 view camera and a 270mm lens with Tri-X film around Botanical Beach, part of the Juan de Fuca Marine Trail Provincial Park on Vancouver Island.

No comments: