Sunday, May 14, 2023

Peugeot Mixte, a fun bike to ride

 

Here is my 1970s-era Peugeot bike made in France, called a mixte or step-through frame. I acquired this bike from my uncle Stuart shortly before he passed away late last year. I mentioned to him that I was looking for a bike to ride around Vancouver Island when I am visiting with family and friends and he said he had this Peugeot 10-speed that had been laying in the crawl space under his house for the past 30 years.
 
My uncle said he got the bike after another family member didn't want it so he took it home and thought that it was such a nice bike that someone would want it one day. It's blue in colour with chrome fenders.
 
So he hauled it out in the light of day and dusted it off and oiled the gears and chain and I tried it out and liked it. It needed new tires and a bike tune-up and the front brake squealed a lot, I found some generic pads which worked better. It even has a dynamo light system with an old-school bottle dynamo on the rear wheel, that all works, but I could use a red lens cover as the one I have is broken, so if anyone has one let me know.

No comments: