Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Elena #98-42



Elena at Langley, British Columbia, Canada, May 2004. Copyright © Gary Nylander. Digitized from 120 medium format negative. Fuji GW690III camera, 90mm lens. T-Max film.

Every once and a while something magical happens in my photography, in this case, a beautiful model and some nice light. Elena who Europe was living in B.C. at the time had graced the European editions of Vogue magazine. She liked my black and white landscape photography so I traded her some of my landscape prints for her modeling time.

I photographed Elena at a couple of locations, an old building and a 1930's barn in rural Langley. I used film for the entire shoot which included, 35mm, 120 medium format and 4 x 5 sheet film, mostly black and white and a couple rolls of color. The light in the barn was especially beautiful with a beam of light that came through one of the roof vents.

No comments: