Monday, December 05, 2011

Hornby Island #19


I am back to posting my black and white images for the next while, this is Hornby Island, I visited the island for a couple days earlier this year in June, I felt I made a lot of good images while there. Now I have a large back log of scanning to do, my scanner needed repairs as it was not focusing properly, that has now been fixed and I will chip away at my stack of 4 x 5 negatives that need scanning, I am looking forward to seeing them, I will post here and on my facebook page, the website will be updated early next year.

2 comments:

Joel Truckenbrod said...

Beautiful image - This is certainly among my favorites in the set. It amazed me how much work you produced for only being there a couple of days. It's very different from how I work (not a bad thing, just an observation). I've enjoyed the images and being witness to your process.

Gary Nylander said...

Thanks, Joe, glad you like the image, it's hard for me to pick out a favourite, I guess because I shot them.

As for how much I produced during my short time pn Hornby Island, I was on the Island for one half day, ( June 22nd ) one full day ( June 23rd ) and half of the third day ( June 24th ) I shot on each of those days, a total of 46 sheets of 4 x 5 film ( Kodak T-Max 400 ).

We all have different ways of working, I guess thats what makes out end result unique. Good to hear that you have enjoyed "watching" me at work.