Sunday, February 21, 2010

Unique Frozen World

Winter Olympic Art Day 10

One of the unique and beautiful things about the Olympics is the competing athletes that come from all around the world to share one common goal, to be the very best in the world while representing their respective countries, its a time when we set aside all differences and try to become united as one world, in the name of athletic sports achievement.

My picture today is yet another image I mage of the frozen Powers Creek in November 0f 2007 which is located in the Okanagan area of British Columbia, when I made the picture I was struck by the interesting ice patterns against the water running underneath, to me it was as if I was observing our planet looking down at the various shapes of the Earth's continents.

The image was made with my 4 x 5 view camera black and white film and my usual and trusty 120mm lens.

No comments: