Thursday, February 18, 2010

Liquid Ice

Winter Olympic Art Day 7

This photograph of Powers Creek contains both frozen and moving water in which I blurred the rushing water by using the classic long-time exposure ( as I recall a 1 or 2 second exposure ), hence the soft look of the moving water I thought it made a nice contrast against the ice that was frozen on the sides of the creek. I first saw this while out a walk one day in November of 2007 but only had my little digital point and shoot with me, so I went back the next day for a more serious study of the ice patterns. The blurred water is somewhat like a few of those Olympic athletes, including USA's Lindsey Vonn as she hurdled down the downhill course at breakneck speed during the Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics on Wednesday, winning the gold medal.

No comments: