Friday, February 12, 2010

Let The Games Begin!

Winter Olympics Art Day 1

The Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympic games are officially underway, the games involve over 2633 athletes from over 80 countries, best of luck to all participants ! I am no athlete, but I do have a respect and amazement for athletes and their accomplishments in what they can achieve. I thought what I would do with my blog over the course of the Winter Olympics is to post one of my winter landscape images each day during the course of the two weeks of the Olympics, after all I think the landscape is an integral part of inspiration for athletes as they ski, skate and slide their way to victory.

Today's image is from Sovereign Lake Nordic Centre near Silver Star Ski Resort, Vernon, B.C., its a place where many top cross country ski athletes have trained, the snow is exceptional, and for myself as a photographer its a place that is dear to my heart, its a beautiful place to make pictures.

No comments: