Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Nature's Delicate Balance

This is a photograph which is one of my featured images currently on display as part of "The Nature of Photography" show at Sooke Harbour House for the month of May. The ice and snow encrusted Powers Creek was not far from the door steps of my West Kelowna home that I made in March of 2003. I envisioned the picture while on a snowshoe walk in the area and and noticed the twisted shapes of the winter-bare creek side bushes made for a pleasing composition against the white snow. I was able to set up my 4 x 5 view camera just off the trail with a downward perspective, I used my trusty 120mm lens to expose the Tri-x sheet film.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rather cool place you've got here. Thanx for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. I would like to read more soon.

Sincerely yours
Alice Tudes