Monday, June 02, 2008

The Old Bridge

I have travelled this bridge many times on my way to and from work, or to visit friends, or to just run errands in the city of Kelowna, the bridge called Okanagan Lake floating bridge has been floating on the waters of the mentioned Lake for the past 50 years. This past week after three years of hard work a new bridge was completed and named after former premier of the province of British Columbia, Bill Bennett , the new bridge officially called will be called the William R. Bennett Bridge. This past Sunday I had a unique opportunity to haul my 4 x 5 view camera out to the old bridge and plunk myself down right smack dab in the middle of the lanes of the bridge and photograph away not having to worry about getting smucked by a fast moving vehicle. Here is a link to a slide show I produced for the Kelowna Courier newspaper where I am a staff photographer on building the new bridge, Called "Building the Bridge"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see why you've been with the paper for quite a while...some terrific shots, and more particularly, some quite arty-farty pix towards the end of the slideshow. Well done! PS: The bridge looks a great new addition to the community, too! :O)