I got tagged by Janina over at ( jm.n) and I am supposed to come up with eight things about myself, the picture posted of myself is when I was visiting Vancouver's China town this past summer.
1. I grew up and lived most of my life on Vancouver Island , our family( Mom and Dad, two brothers and a sister ) lived in Metchosin ( one of my favourite places on earth ) and Sooke, later we lived in Langford.
2. In high school I was always good at art, I regularly got A's and B's and shop classes too came easy to me also , I was terrible at English, my grade 12 English teacher said she passed by by the skin of my teach.
3. I started my interest in photography when I was about 15, before that I wanted to me a musician, but was terrible at playing the guitar.
4. I got my first newspaper job when I was 18 years old, I had just graduated from high school ( grade 12 ), beside taking pictures for the weekly paper, I had to deliver papers to drop boxes in stores, clean the office, make coffee, help with page layouts.
5. I moved to Brampton Ontario when I was 21, to start my first job on a daily newspaper, I had been never further east than the Province of Alberta in Canada, I drove the 5000 km in a 1973 Volvo loaded down with all of my worldly possessions.
6. I came back to B.C. after 4 1/2 years in Ontario, I missed the mountains. I applied for a photographer's job at the Kelowna Daily Courier where I have been ever since, during these years I have won numerous awards, including the Canadian Press 'News' picture of the year award in 2004 for coverage of wild fires that destroyed 234 homes.
7. I am an avid wood worker, I have built a quite lot of the furniture in my home, pretty well my complete office furniture, my computer desk, printer stand, shelves for CDs, light box stand, print paper holder. Mostly I used my Dad's work shop, but recently I acquired wood working tools from y friends who moved to Vancouver.
8. I have never been married, have no kids and live alone, I have my friends, family and neighbour's cats, to keep my company.
I don't know anyone else I can tag so I will leave it at that.