Thursday, June 21, 2007

Perfect Poetic Serenity

I had set up my 8 x 10 view camera with a 300m lens at the edge of White Swan Lake in the aptly named park in South Eastern British Columbia on a fine late summer evening in September of 1991, and then a moose came wandering by and walked right into my picture, I had just recently bought the big camera and was still learning how to use it, this happened on one of my photographic road trip adventures when I was enjoying a moment of solitude at that time of the day near sunset when magic happens, the light glows with unbelievable brilliancy and clarity and there is quietness in the air, save for the birds and crickets chirping, and then this moose wanders into the scene as if I was not even there. I know you might be asking , where is the moose ?, but its there ! with the incredible clarity of the 8 x 10 inch negative image, the moose can be clearly seen in the high resolution copy, I apologize for the image posted as it's hard to make out in this low resolution blog image.

2 comments:

Howard Grill said...

I see the moose at the water's far edge. Beautiful shot. I bet it is gorgeous aa a full size print!

Gary Nylander said...

Thanks Howard !, yes the full size print is full of wonderful detail.