Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Following My Heart

When pursuing creativity with my camera a lot of the time what I find that makes its way in front of my camera lens is found by following my heart, or my you could say my gut instincts as to what I think might make a great picture, I'm not always right about this but the results are that after a day of shooting I have made images that mean something to me, whether others like them or not. Over the years I have shaped and formed my personal work, the stuff I do on my time off because I'm making something that is creatively stimulating in regards to my own vision. I can go forever hoping to please all the critics out there but when it comes down to the very heart of the matter its myself behind the camera making pictures that will bring back the fondest memories.

The image posted is from Galiano Island taken in May of 1990, 4 x 5 view camera, 120 mm lens, The tree in the picture is an Arbutus tree which thrive on the BC's Westcoast .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...the results are that after a day of shooting I have made images that mean something to me, whether others like them or not

Well said!