Friday, October 20, 2006

The Beauty of Nature at My Feet

As an artist who happens to use a camera to explore the world around me, I try to direct my gaze and see more than the wide view before me, like this image taken near Peachland, B.C. this past summer of the Okanagan forest floor. What I have found to help slow me down while using my camera is using a tripod, although cumbersome at times and extra weight to carry around, I have found it very beneficial, this way I can take extra time if needed to contemplate the image and study the composition before me, so I am getting exactly what I want. Sometimes the little things I have found that previously slipped my attention has made for some pretty interesting photographs. The slower pace is one of the rewards of being in nature, that is to enjoy the awe inspiring natural world around me.

No comments: