Monday, September 18, 2006

Majestic Moraine Lake

I have been away from my Okanagan home for the past week photographing in Banff National Park, where during my stay in the Rockies, it snowed, quite often I camp but on this trip I was staying with friends in Canmore, Alberta, which was lucky for me. The weather started out quite summer like and we got a nice hike in at Taylor Lake, but by mid week it started to rain and the next day it was snowing, the clouds hung low over the mountain peaks, not the most inspiring conditions for mountain landscape photography. By the end of the week there was a slight improvement and I excitedly made my way to Moraine Lake and Lake Louise in Banff National Park, with a few breaks in the clouds I was able to make some nice pictures. The image posted was taken with my tachihara 8 x 10 view camera and a 270mm lens, it was taken from the rock pile at the one end of the lake.

No comments: