Saturday, August 05, 2006

As The Sun Dipped Down

This is an image I made with my 4 x 5 view camera about a month ago looking toward Pincushion Ridge near Peachland B.C. just as the sun was dipping down below the horizon of the ridge on a beautiful summer Okanagan day. The longer summer days have provided me with extra time to get out and make pictures as I have have tried to find locations close by that I can zip out to on a moments notice. I often find getting my self motivated is half the battle in making good pictures, especially when photographing in one's backyard so to speak, when I'm away from home its easier to find things to photograph because I'm motivated by the fact that I might not be in this particular area for a while or ever in some cases. Although I only spent a hour or two on this particular day and made a number of other images it was well worth the effort.

No comments: