Monday, July 24, 2006

Photographic Beach Combing

I enjoy meandering along the seashore of the Pacific Ocean, especially when the tide is out to see what the tide has brought in, usually its just piles of kelp, seaweed or driftwood. The ultimate beach combing prize is to find a Japanese glass fish float, even if I don't find a glass fish float ( which I never have ), when I make pictures with with my camera of various beach scenes and flotsam, at the end of the day I often end up with a few photographic keepers, which is just a good as finding a glass fish float. In this image from Long Beach in Pacific Rim National Park even the kelp and seaweed made for interesting subject matter with a little help of a sunburst of light on a cloudy day. The photograph was made with my Tachihara 4 x 5 view camera and a 270mm lens.

No comments: