Saturday, May 13, 2006

South Beach, Vancouver Island

I came upon this wonderful scene in area called South beach while on a four day trip to Pacific Rim National Park on Vancouver Island in October of 2003. The day was a typical west coast kind of a day, rainy and foggy.

There was a wonderful feeling in the way the clouds were starting to break up and the light starting to to break through after I emerged onto the beach from a forest trail, I pretty well had visualized in my minds eye how the image would look, the black rock at the right just seemed to balance out against the misty skies and the foamy water on the left. I felt a sense of tranquility when I made the exposure with my view camera , because every thing just seemed to fall so naturally into place. I was happy to be there.

Technical details are: 4 x 5 Tachihara field camera, 120mm lens, I don't remember the exposure, Tri-X film developed in HC-110.

No comments: